Monday, August 6, 2018

If I Die Tomorrow


Have I done all that I should?
Have I taught all that I could?
Have I said all that I would?
Have I learned the truth from all the many places?
Have I witnessed the emotions from all the diverse faces?
Have I walked the path of others, and followed their traces?
Have I touched someone so deeply they cry?
Have I looked so carefully that I needed to ask, “Why?”
Have I astonished enough, echoing in the air are the words ‘oh my’?
Have I offered myself openly to receive total devotion?
Have I loved enough, to them it felt like the work of a potion?
Have I valued this pain, this pleasure, this emotion?
Have I needed someone so bad I lost all . . . including my pride?
Have I been that someone who did not hide?
Have I forgiven those people, who on more than one occasion lied?
Have I accepted who and what I am: all that is unique?
Have I inspired curiosity . . . interest piqued?
Have I helped others see, sometimes there nothing wrong with being meek?
Have I lived a life worthy of remembrance?
Have I sieged every opportunity to show tolerance?
Have I created a spirit-one with a lingering sense?
Have I done all that I should?
Have I done all that I could?
Have I said all that I would?

If I die tomorrow . . .
Will my last day on Earth be filled with sorrow?