Sunday, April 8, 2018

Creative Writing- Write a scene that takes place immediately after a tragedy. Do not mention the tragedy.

    The day had arrived. Tears welled in my eyes at the sight of the shiny rectangle box. How could he do it? He knew it would kill me, and I wouldn’t understand. This is the first time he succeeded in his attempts.
     I touch the golden box with one hand and cover my tearing eyes with the other.  Alone. All alone, with no comfort food to bury my sorrow in. What am I to do now?  How am I to go on now?  I could easily replace what is lost but why should I have too?
     “I know it’s hard and complicated but it’s not the end of the world.” stated Rebekka.
     “Shut the hell up, you don’t understand!” I snapped back.
     Rebekka sighed and rolled her eyes.
     “He actually did it this time!  He actually did it!” I said with a shaking voice.
     “I see that.” Rebekka replied as she rested her hand on the rectangle box.
     Sobs began to escape me uncontrollably as she placed another hand on my shoulder.
     “We will fix this. You will be fine.” she whispered in my ear.